Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ugly Sweater Party!

Tonight we had an ugly sweater party with a bunch of our wonderful friends!  We looked everywhere for an ugly sweater for Chris and I and we had no luck.  We finally found a really tacky turtleneck for me to wear and finally decided to make Chris a sweater.  I had no idea how much fun making his sweater would be.  We ended up taking this "ugly" theme to the extreme....
I wish I had a better picture of his attire...it was hilarious!

Kallaway had been running a fever earlier in the day so I contemplated not going to the party.  He acted like he felt fine once his fever would come down.  He wasn't eating much and sat in my lap the majority of the day.  My parents insisted he would be fine for a while and that they would watch our kids.  My mom called not long after we dropped them off to inform me that he had eaten a really good dinner so I was happy to hear this.  Unfortunately I got another call close to 11pm to inform me that he was really struggling to breathe and that his chest was retracting.  Chris and I said goodbye to our friends and headed to go get our sweet boy.  

We changed clothes quickly and then headed to the ER with our sweet boy.  You could tell by looking in his eyes that he felt awful.  We got to the ER at 12am....and of course the waiting room was full.  We  finally got called back to a room around 2:20am.  They gave him some steroids and 3 breathing treatments back to back and then we finally got released around 4:15am.  


Sitting on the hospital bed by himself like a big boy!


I hate seeing my babies sick and would do anything to trade places with them.  Luckily the steroids and breathing treatments have helped.  We finally got in bed around 5am.  Needless to say we were very tired!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment